Bangkok (Thailand) – September 13, 2019 (travelindex.com) – Mom Rajawongse Somlabh Kitiyakara represented Her Royal Highness Princess Soamsawali Krom Muen Suddhanarinatha presided at the opening ceremony of the 20th World Gourmet Festival on Sunday 1st September 2019 at Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel.
The festival held from 2 – 8 September 2019, has raised a substantial amount to support HRH Princess Soamsawali Krom Muen Suddhanarinatha HIV Prevention Fund of The Thai Red Cross Society. Funds were raised from THB 600 of every dinner ticket sold, as well as proceeds from auctions during the festival. The auctions featured accommodation vouchers donated by Anantara and Minor Hotels and Resorts around the world, and Turkish Airlines business class air tickets for two people.
The event would not have been possible without the participation of guest chefs, food and wine experts from around the world, as well as the support of key sponsors.
This year, the full line up of chefs in the 20th annual World Gourmet Festival was:
– Wolfgang Becker: Becker’s Restaurant in Trier, Germany (2 Michelin stars)
– Kai Ho: Taïrroir in Taipei, Taiwan (2 Michelin stars)
– Alan Geaam: Alan Geaam in Paris, France (1 Michelin star)
– Chiho Kanzaki and Marcelo di Giacomo: Virtus in Paris, France (1 Michelin star)
– Hideki Ii: Shirosaka in Tokyo, Japan (1 Michelin star)
– Angel Zapata Martin: Barrafina in London, United Kingdom (1 Michelin star)
– Hajime Otowa and So Otowa: Ciel et Sol in Tokyo, Japan (1 Michelin star)
– Rui Silvestre: Vistas in Vila Nova de Cacela, Portugal (1 Michelin star)
– Andrea Spagoni: BeefBar in Hong Kong (1 Michelin star)
– Yoji Tokuyoshi: Tokuyoshi in Milan, Italy (1 Michelin star)
– Richie Lin: Mume in Taipei, Taiwan (1 Michelin star)
– Hervé Deville: Momo in London, United Kingdom
– Roger van Damme: Het Gebaar in Antwerp, Belgium (1 Michelin star)
– Pongtawat “Ian Kittichai” Chalermkittichai: Issaya Siamese Club in Bangkok, Thailand
Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel’s 20th World Gourmet Festival is sponsored by Citibank N.A., Mercedes-Benz (Thailand) Ltd., Tourism Authority of Thailand, Turkish Airlines, and the official media partners are Prestige Thailand, HELLO! Thailand and Bangkok 101.
Stay tuned for an update of Bangkok’s biggest annual food and wine event – the 21st World Gourmet Festival at www.WorldGourmetFestival.asia